Be part of the solution! Start a local RRD. It’s as easy as 1,2,3.
- Recruit a couple of likeminded friends to help.
- Find a meeting place at a community room in a city hall, library, restaurant or place of worship.
- Announce your first meeting in local media, church bulletins, the internet, on flyers.
Typical Meeting Agenda:
- Welcome all. Explain RRD values of mutual respect, careful listening, openness, honesty and good will. (5 minutes)
- Show an appropriate internet video (see list below) of about 20-30 minutes. (about 30 minutes)
- Provide starter discussion questions and break into small, mixed race groups of about four to six. Each group should appoint a reporter. (35 minutes)
- Regather for reports from each group. (10 minutes)
- Open for large group discussion. (10 minutes)
- Announce next meeting and adjourn.
Total: 90 minutes